remembering how these old-time fiddle tunes go

1. billkilpatrick
    anyone beside me have trouble remembering how these old-time fiddle tunes go?
  2. Chris Hasty
    Chris Hasty
    Midis, TEFView, and Melody Assistant are my best friend. Some I kinda knew, but others I knew by another name. I've really gotten into the whole ABC file thing, and converting it into audio and sheet music. Inspired me even more than it already has.
  3. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    Are you speaking of any in particular or just old-time fiddle tunes in general?
  4. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I think the key in remembering them, is in playing them a lot! Sometimes, I have a hard time remembering the name of a tune I am playing, sometimes I have a hard time STARTING a tune that I know (when it's called by name), and have to let it get started for me to remember how it goes... but for the most part, I don't get my tunes mixed up... I may not remember the name, but do remember how it goes. But.... this is the genre that I play and listen to... so that makes it easier!
  5. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    Playing them a lot is very important.
    Not learning two at very close times that are very similar is also helpful to avoid, if possible, as it can cause problems later on.
  6. Tom Tax
    Tom Tax
    Here's a humorous take on Old Time Fiddle Tune names http://bluegrassintelligencer.com/?p=1055

Tom