Next best thing

1. Chuck Holton
    Chuck Holton
    I'm new to the Loar group and looking for the my next mandolin. Robert at Folkmusician has me thinking about a LM 600 or LM 700. Still going through the forum to find related post, but thought I would post here and see what input owners or fans like you might have. model and mods. I appreciate the info I have already found look forward to talking current Loar owners and fans.
  2. Michael Thompson
    Michael Thompson
    The LM 700 was my first mandolin; I have a bad habit of always wanting the top of the line in any given category, so I just jumped straight for that when I was getting into mandolins. I feel like it's grown quite a bit with me and I've never really had any complaints about it. The neck is a little fat compared to some other brands I've played, but I kind of like it. I've played plenty of other mandolins in shops and, for the price, I haven't really found another brand that suits me as much. For something better, I've always looked at much higher-priced instruments and am currently waiting on a weber I ordered.

My advice (even though I don't always follow it, myself) is generally to try to play the thing yourself, though. Find a store that has a decent range of brands and builds and give 'em a whirl. An instrument has to feel right and feel comfortable before you can start to make it sound its best.
  3. J Mangio
    J Mangio
    After years of picking an F9 along with a Km 1000, I gave The Loar LM 700 a go...couldn’t be happier.
    Give Robert Fear at Folkmusician a call for more info.