Blues Mando Group

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    There is a new social group devoted to the Blues Mandolin... Blues Mando Social Group.

I love to listen to the blues, have never tried to play the blues. I did join this fledgling group, and I would suggest that any of ya'll who are interested in the blues, join the group, and help support it's growth.

From the little bit that I've read about blues on the mandolin, it seems that it is mostly learned by hearing it, rather than notation. Jim Richter has volunteered to do a weekly or bi-weekly lesson in the group.

I think our group has proved that interactiveness in a social group is the key to a successful group. There are 99 groups that have been started, but only 39 of them have had any posts in the last week.... here is a link to the list of all groups, and their activity... and you can see that we are by far the most active group!

I invited any blues lovers in the group to also join our group, and hopefully, contribute some blues tunes as 'other tunes', and hopefully, we'll get some blues tunes in the polls, and who knows, with enough interest, we'll get some blues as an official tune of the week!