Bluegrass on the Lakeshore(Brand New)

1. Jackie Walters
    Jackie Walters
    This is a brand new bluegrass festival that Muskegon is sponsoring on August 1. Gates open at 10am. Stage shows from noon to 10pm. It will be held at the Muskegon County Fairgrounds @
    6621 Heights Ravenna Rd., Muskegon, Mi. The cost is $10.00 at the gate, Kids 15 and younger are free with an adult. Rain or shine. There will be food vendors and crafters. There is camping available. The bands featured this year are:
    Ruth and Max Bloomquist, Black Canyon Bluegrass Band, The Patchwork Band, Under Construction Bluegrass Band and For Heaven's Sake(the group I'm in=0) Questions? Call John at (616) 846-5163. Come on out and support this brand new festival!
  2. Steve-o
    Steve-o
    Hi Jackie. Glad you could join the rest of us Michiganders. Thanks for posting these festivals.
  3. Jimmy Kittle
    Jimmy Kittle
    I'll mark this one on calendar, it's very close to home..
  4. lefty mandoman
    lefty mandoman
    Hi Jackie... sounds good! Will there be plenty of camp ground style picking as well?? I'd like to be in Muskegon in August... what a beautiful area! I usually stay there at the state park in the fall for Salmon fishing;-)
  5. Jackie Walters
    Jackie Walters
    Hi Lefty, Well, I don't know..since this is their first year at this..I suggest you give John a call..and I'm sure he can answer your camping/pickin around the campfire questions..I hope you can make it..In spite of our economy..it's STILL a beautiful state!! And the fishin ain't bad to boot!! Enjoy your summer!