Tremolo Discovery

1. Kevin Stueve
    Kevin Stueve
    I'm not a lush, but I've always know that I play pool better after 2 beers. Now I've discovered I tremolo better after 2 margaritas. I'm sure it is about relaxing. Need to figure out how to translate to this relaxed mode without margaritas (or bourbon which is my preferred beverage)
  2. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Hey, hey! Need to add this to the tips & tricks list, Kevin!

BTW, no margaritas for me, I lost my right to drink anything with Tequila in it years ago. But like you, I'm a bourbon man. Right now I'm enjoying a glass of muscadine wine, and thinking about firing up the mandolin. And yes, my tremolo has improved since I purchased a stock of my favorite muscadine wine. I think you deserve some discretionary libation and a chill time enjoying your latest acquisition. Cheers!
  3. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    One margarita for me; otherwise, I won't be able to pick up my mandolin, much less play it.
  4. Trav'linmando
    Trav'linmando
    Lol. This is one suggestion that I will not try out. I know from experience that I will start drinking and forget about the tune I am playing, the time of day, what day of the week it is and my wife's birthday. (True Story. Did that, divorce to prove it). Almost 13 years sober now. You folks enjoy a beverage for me. My tremolo is just going to continue being terrible, at least, until it isn't any longer. More coffee please!
  5. Kevin Stueve
    Kevin Stueve
    good for you. And with the amount of caffeine I consume you would think I'd have a permanent shake.
  6. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    I get kinda giddy after a good tremolo or two. But I know my limits. I never tremolo and drive.
  7. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Ditto to the first part of Kevin's post.
  8. BJ O'Day
    BJ O'Day
    I have found that I relax and play a little better while sipping my first beer. I put my mandolin away after my second beer because I can feel and hear my playing degrade.
    BJ
  9. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    I enjoy a glass of wine with dinner. On those days it's best to practice earlier in the day.
  10. belorsch
    belorsch
    I would think tremolo after a libation would better than tremolo after pizza or barbecue. No greasy strings please!