First Silverangel

1. clintross
    clintross
    hey everybody, i was just curious as to how everyone had heard of Silverangel. I hadn't known about them until pouring through the classifieds and finding a used one (Silverangel A #290) and have been completely satisfied so far. but I prolly hadn't found it if I had just asked around.
    just wondering.
  2. D C Blood
    D C Blood
    I first heard, saw, and played them at Ken's vendor booth at SPBGMA, several years back. Lucked across mine last year on the Elderly website...
  3. Patrick Sylvest
    Patrick Sylvest
    Seen them on the Cafe' here for awhile now. I'm fortunate that Ken began building the econo models right about the time I started looking for another instrument.
  4. wildpikr
    wildpikr
    So how are you and your new Silverangel getting along?
  5. clintross
    clintross
    Excellent, It is so much louder than my last mandolin(MK dragonfly). and the tone is sweeter and more balanced.
  6. jasona
    jasona
    I first heard about them from discussions on the forum.

After I just missed out on getting an early Kimble at a good price, I considered getting and Old Wave (Bill left a great message on the machine!), and an Evergreen listed at Charles Johnston's Mandolin World HQ. While I had him on the phone I asked about the Silverangel A5 he had listed, and he played it for me. After he finished, we both said, "wow, that's a great sounding mandolin!" I bought it the next day.

Its a 2002, and these days it sounds really wide open. Once I work the rust out, I'll see if I can get some good MP3s posted.
  7. Marni Sorrick
    Marni Sorrick
    I only had my Michael Kelly a few weeks when I decided I wanted a better quality instrument, so I started investigating builders in the states near me. Used the Cafe's information on builders to fuel my search. That's how I found Ken, and I sent him my deposit last week.