Books!

1. Louise NM
    Louise NM
    In case anyone missed the yellow banner at the top of each and every page here on the Café, Mel Bay, a major publisher of music books, is having one of their 30% off everything sales.

As newbies, most of us could stand to build our libraries, and these guys are a great resource. Standard notation, tab, or both; bluegrass, gospel, Baroque, or Christmas tunes; all manner of method books, including books on reading music; very simple, or highly complex, it's all there. I have ordered from them before, and have been pleased with what I have received.

Sale runs through tomorrow, so start browsing through the 17 pages of mandolin books.

NFI, just alerting all to an opportunity to stock up on tunes at a discount.
  2. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    I saw that banner on my phone earlier, but it's gone now, so I've sent a message to the Café folks asking about it.
  3. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Scott directed me to the home page. Can't say I'd ever been there!

Thanks, Louise, for this post - I think! I'm not totally broke now.
  4. Sleet
    Sleet
    And if the 17 pages of mandolin books aren't enough, fiddle tune books are a really nice addition to the collection. Just saying.
  5. Trav'linmando
    Trav'linmando
    I believe that a person can never have too many books.
  6. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    "I believe that a person can never have too many books. "

And on a related note, turn up the volume a bit and listen to Adam Steffey:

7. Sleet
    Sleet
    "I believe that a person can never have too many books. "

Well, my husband does stress about the floor joists sometimes.
  8. Trav'linmando
    Trav'linmando
    "stress about the floor joists"

Stress and floor joists in the same sentence is scary. In my younger days, I did repairs to old homes with sagging joists. Learned to put book cases across the floor joists.
  9. Sleet
    Sleet
    Sagging describes it. You learn not to place round objects down carelessly because they roll downhill. I don't know what they were thinking when they built the place, but apparently not that someone would be living in it in the 21st century.
  10. Louise NM
    Louise NM
    Oh, kind of like my early 1940s house with one outlet per room?
  11. Sleet
    Sleet
    More kind of like an 1890's farmhouse where they thought indoor plumbing was just a fad and probably not worth the trouble.