I want an Ellis F5

1. opie wan
    opie wan
    Yes, that's why I joined this group. I've never seen, nor played a better mandolin than Tom Ellis makes.

I'm trying to sell guitars so I can have him build me a special one. I design it in my mind everyday.... I've even taken on a second job.

I just keep saving and hoping.
  2. Kevin Knippa
    Kevin Knippa
    Welcome. I have an Ellis A-model Deluxe and honestly do not believe that I'll ever need another mandolin. I was prepared to acquire a top-of-the-line F-style from him until I played the A. The richness and balance of tone, combined with the ability to stand up to any F (and for less than half the price) made my choice for me. I bought it the next day.

I'd say every instrument Tom builds is special. He has told more than one person that he could stop building any time, so don't wait too long.
  3. Chris Biorkman
    Chris Biorkman
    Another very happy Ellis owner here. I got curious after I saw the previous post about Tom stopping building, so I asked him about it and it doesn't appear that he is planning to stop after all.

Tom builds really great mandolins and I feel fortunate to own one.
  4. Capt. E
    Capt. E
    So, you got one of the A's. The one I tried at Fiddlers Green was fabulous.
  5. Kevin Knippa
    Kevin Knippa
    I bought the first one Fiddler's Green had, so it may have been mine.
  6. Capt. E
    Capt. E
    Actually I didn't see that one, but the next one Tom delivered. That one sold pretty fast as well.