The Feather Theme - from Forrest Gump

1. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison

This song has been on my musical 'bucket-list' for many years. I would play it for a while and then put it back in the drawer. Some parts were too challenging for me. With the help and encouragement of Emory, I practiced, got the tricky timing down, the key change and finally the most challenging - the last ten seconds - the tail piece. The movie is whatever you wish it to be - a dream sequence, a psychedelic journey - or just me being overly enthusiastic with the Movie Maker programme. My vision was for an uncomplicated acoustic rendition - no bells or whistles on this one.
    Enjoy your weekend fellow MC members.
  2. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    PS: This is my first recording on my Northfield A5 Special. I think it came out ok.
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    One of your very best creations, Ginny. It is just such a great blend of tasteful arrangement and playing and visual content. I love the quick appearance of GA right at the end!
  4. crisscross
    crisscross
    Sounds great Ginny! Nice video!
    Your new Northfield comes out more than OK, it sounds mighty fine!
  5. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Two very nice comments. thanks John and CC.
  6. Robert Balch
    Robert Balch
    Very well done Ginny & Lester. This is very beautiful and relaxing. So smooth, great timing and wonderful balance. Great sounding new mandolin too.
  7. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thank you Robert - and also for your YT comments and Johns and CCs.
  8. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Robert - I accidentally deleted your comment on YT - if you have a sec can you kindly put it back on - Thank you. I 'mis-clicked' the reply part.
  9. Robert Balch
    Robert Balch
    It looks like it is still there. Not sure what I need to do.
  10. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Oh Robert..I feel so bad for deleting it..I always appreciate your comments. It would show up on your end but not mine as all the comments are held for approval - to cut down on bad ppl or trolls or something...it was something John taught me when I first started my page. It's ok if you can't do it again, I am just really always honoured when a MC member makes a comment.
  11. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Ginny – your video is just wonderful. Great idea to record this lovely tune. And your new mandolin really shines.
  12. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thanks Frithjof. I am always taking a chance posting a non-traditional tune - but I like them so...I just do it. () I always found my Larrivee mandolin to have better sustain, but the Northfield did a good job I think.
  13. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Ginny this is really good! I really enjoyed listening to the piece, and the key change too.
    On another note, it’s a strange coincidence, that my cat’s name is Feather!

Well done, I look forward to hearing more.
  14. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thanks Mr. Sunrise...I hope your cat likes it too.