BACK UP AND PUSH – Saw Mt. String Band

1. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Back Up and Push was recorded in August of 2013 by the Saw Mt. String Band. The band consisted of Marcy, Jeff, and me (Michael). We recorded more than a CD's worth of material over time. Jeff and Marcy live in Tennessee and I live in Southern California and we still have never met in person. We exchanged our individual tracks via the internet and I mixed them down and posted the results.

Since I'm spending so much time at home lately I discovered this song waiting to be mixed on my old computer. What must have happened when my computer malfunctioned was I forgot about Back Up And Push. It took me about two years until I had the time to repair my old MacPro tower. In the meantime I had completely forgotten about the project. Anyway, long story short, I found the track today, remixed it, made a video and posted the song here.

Marcy sang lead and played fiddle, Jeff played the 5 string banjo, and I added harmony vocals, mandolin, guitar and bass. Hope you like it (and sorry for the delay Marcy and Jeff...)

If you liked the Saw Mt. String Band you can see all of our videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...SWE_jQIs5M366s
  2. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Thanks for this gift, Michael.
    I’m a big fan of the Saw Mt. String Band! Thanks for the Link, too. I hope Marcy and Jeff are doing well.
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great authentic old-time sound there, Michael. I often wonder what Marcy and Jeff are doing now; haven't seen any signs of them here for a very long time.
  4. Francis J
    Francis J
    Thanks Michael, great to hear this.
  5. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    Great music.

I stumbled upon this site some time ago looking for covers.
    http://www.tincuprattlers.com/?fbcli...Nljsf2yko9q_VI
    marcy plays harmonica and jeff banjo
  6. Bad Habbits
    Bad Habbits
    Very nicely done Michael - I really enjoyed your arrangement and video. I am definitely checking out the Saw Mt. String Band - Thank you.
  7. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    A haunting call from the past. I too wonder how Marcy and Jeff are doing.
  8. Bad Habbits
    Bad Habbits
    Well Mr. Pastucha - I'm blaming you for me not getting anything done this morning I have been binge watching / listening to your wonderful videos on your channel, and cannot accurately express in words how much I enjoyed them. I don't know whether I liked watching the videos or listening to the music more, but thank you for sharing - Mark
  9. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Great fiddle, banjo and mandoplaying, wonderful vocals!
  10. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Brings back memories of the good old days, thanks Michael.
  11. Colin Braithwaite
    Colin Braithwaite
    Thanks so much. Nice mandolin break!
  12. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks Michael, reminds me of some good times I had in California.
    Nice atmosphere in the recording.
  13. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    What a blast from the past! Great to hear Marcy and Jeff again, and of course you.
  14. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Exactly. Just like old times.
  15. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Thanks everyone. When I looked at the date on the audio file I couldn't believe it had been so long. And I still can't believe I had forgotten about this song completely...