Salmon Tails Up the Water

1. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Darn it, I was sure this tune had either been done as a SAW or that it was an Other Tune, but no...
    So here it is. And thanks to John, Frithjof and Dennis for the outdoor vids and motivation to get out during this strange 2020 Lockdown situation.

2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great tune and great playing, Simon. I like your use of the monochrome effect here, and that right foot keeping time! Your fading in and out are effective too. A fun video.
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks John, I had a lot of fun recording this second set of tunes at The Stream. Couldn’t believe the number of birds, and also people out strolling in the woods.

And the 5 metre cable no longer works, so the microphone was external but right next to the camera -it picked up a lot more of the other beings out there.
  4. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Well played! The setting looks so idyllic that the viewer is tempted to believe that nothing at all is wrong with the world in April 2020! Happy Easter, anyway.

The tune sounds so familiar that I'm also wondering whether it has been covered in this group, perhaps under a different name?
  5. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    So well done, music and video. Nice to see you outside. I so wish I had photoshop to put maybe..a crocodile or something in the water....like the one in Peter Pan movie maybe ! Ha.
  6. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks Dennis and Ginny,
    The Session says: Also known as Andy Irvine’s, Artesania, The Banks Of Envernes, The Banks Of Inverness, The Salmon Tailing Up The River, Salmon Tails Up The River, Siege Of Ennis.
    -names of which I was previously oblivious.

Ginny, who needs Photoshop when you can plant the idea of a crocodile with words?
    -actually, I did find two very large optimistic ticks on that waterproof jacket, and those mosquitoes started to get an appetite around tea time.
  7. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Great all around performance from the playing to the video.
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    ... nothing to add.
  9. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    ...absolutely nothing.