Simlångsvalsen (Ale Möller)

1. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    This is a Swedish waltz, written by the great Ale Möller and originally recorded on the 2003 album "Sluring" by his group Frifot. I have learned it from the French tunebook posted a while ago by Simon (link)

For my recording, I have played the tune on my all-mahogany octave mandolin.

Mid-Missouri M-111 octave mandolin

Martin
  2. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    You bring a nice sound out of this all-mahagony OM.
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    A fine waltz, Martin, and a great depth in the sound of that octave.
  4. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Nice tune, nicely played! But I had a look at the link to the tunebook, and it doesn't seem to appear anymore.
  5. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Thanks, all -- it's a fun tune, and as it didn't have any chords in my source (unlike most other tunes in the book), I decided to keep it unaccompanied. After not recording for a couple of weeks because of work commitments, I went on a bit of a binge over the bank holiday weekend and recorded seven new tunes -- three uploaded, four to go.

Christian: the original site is down, but the book is archived at the Wayback Machine. Try this link:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160910..._carnetrep.pdf

Martin
  6. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    The link works. thanks.
  7. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Fine playing Martin, binge eh? I had thought, oh, ok it’s Martin’s birthday next month.
  8. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Thanks for the link to the French tunebook, Martin. I think I'm going to download it and play a tune oe two...