Holy Loch Lockdown

1. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    This is an original tune I have just written to counter the restrictions of the social distancing environment we find ourselves living in at present. I was out on one of my daily walks at the end of April on the shores of the loch here and noticed just how empty it seemed compared to normal years at this time; I realised just how lucky I am to be living in this beautiful area with sea and hills and open sky all around me.

The idea of the tune came not long after while playing around on the mandolin and it just grew from there. I decided on the slow Strathspey as it gave me an opportunity to use triplet runs!

As usual, recorded via REAPER on octave, mandolin and guitar and with two keyboard tracks added in to the mix.

Peace to you all, and stay safe.

2. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    This melody seems to beg for some humorous and satirical lyrics, similar to the mood of the D-day Dodgers.
    One line could read "...tried to boost economy by the lamplicht of the moon, but there's never a single bar open in the whole of Dunoon"
  3. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    A beautiful spritely tune. Well done.
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Thanks, John. You added another nice tune to the fine collection of your own originals. May the melody last and be played until the folks have to check lexicons to understand the subtitle.
  5. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    What a nice original tune! People will soon play it at sessions, believing it to be traditional - unless they also know the title. I agree with Bertram about the light-hearted character, which is so welcome in these dark days. Thank you for bringing this music into our world.