Road to California

1. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Here’s my source, the fun version:

And notation: https://thesession.org/tunes/19162

And the butchered version:
  2. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Ha, the Cheshire Cat has found a new form for its appearance and playing the OM
    Wait... have I done 6 impossible things this morning?
  3. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    You learn new tunes to a publishable level so fast these days - your repertoire will soon make your head explode, surely! Nice tune.

Is this still the same favourite spot from a different perspective, or a new setting?
  4. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Bertram thanks, I’m glad you saw more than just a man, an octave mandolin and a couple of trees.
    Dennis you must be a psychologist with those powers of observation. Yes it was 32degrees, hottest day (so far), so why am I wearing my winter hat and a pair of track suit trousers over my shorts? -why is my head boiling?
    That’s show business for ya!

Actually this area is in the same stream valley as before though a bit further upstream with mainly beech and oak, chestnut trees and lots of blackberries in the clearings. These small valleys here to the west of Lyon in S. of France can be quite deep with little water on the higher ground and a rapidly changing microclimate as you descend.
  5. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    And look at the muscles he has built up in his arms from playing the octave and carting all his stuff up into the woods. Bonus. (plus a really good song!)