Vuelta 2009

1. Hans_k
    Hans_k
    I now it's no Tour de France, but the Vuelta d'Espagne has some great cyclists who will participate. And the Vuelta will start in Holland in two weeks time just around the corner of where I live. The Vuelta will start in Assen on saturday. On sunday I will attend a bluegrassfestivall in Odoorn, and the Vuelta will pass at about 16.00 hours. The cyclists will be hearing some great music.....
  2. Daniel Nestlerode
    Daniel Nestlerode
    I hope that the Vuelta will be covered by American television.
    http://www.lavuelta.com/09/ingles/recorrido/index.asp

Looks like Versus will be covering the Tour of Ireland... Can't find the Vuelta on their schedule.

Daniel
  3. timv
    timv
    Dunno about this one, but their live Giro d'Italia stream was free of charge past this spring. Maybe this will be too.

I know someone in the Atlanta area who gets this channel on her cable service. I don't, so I guess I'll be checking out the stream.

-------------------
    Vuelta a Espana comes to Universal Sports!
    Wed Jul 29, 2009 By Universal Sports

LOS ANGELES -- Universal Sports announced today it has inked an exclusive four-year multimedia deal to broadcast the Vuelta a Espana (Tour of Spain), a three-week road cycling stage race that is one of the three Grand Tours of Europe and part of the UCI World Ranking calendar. Universal Sports will broadcast throughout next month’s Vuelta, beginning with the start in Assen, Holland, on Aug. 29, and ending in Madrid, Spain, on Sept. 22.
    [...]

Universal Sports will provide more than nine hours of Vuelta programming every day during the three-week event. Every stage will be shown LIVE at UniversalSports.com every morning and replayed on Universal Sports network. Each night, Universal Sports will show an enhanced stage replay in Primetime. Additionally, UniversalSports.com will have an online TRACKER that will show each rider’s location on the course, stage maps, and integrated videos. The site will also offer full-length videos, highlights, photos, recaps, and behind-the-scenes interviews.
  4. Beanzy
    Beanzy
    First post on a Mandolin board..... and it's about cycling!
    I've got the following in my RSS feed bar

http://www.lavuelta.com/index_in.html?e=4 great way of keeping up with the action