TAKE ME HOME - Phil Coulter / Celtic Thunder

1. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison

I had fun making this - I especially like the finale...with melody and chorus overlapped. I tried to up my game with some more chords in the body of the song plus the key change.
    Barn Quilts are popular and rural townships here in in the USA have tours following the farms and country-side buildings to brighten up the landscape and hopefully bring you a bit of cheer in seeing the different designs. The last picture is of our old farm (before we moved to a normal house) and the end credit pic is our 'quilt'
    Emory providing back track and I was happy to add some accompanying beats.
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    A really lovely tribute to a great form of folk art, Ginny, and of course some really fine playing too! You always manage to match the music and the pictorial content so well in your videos. The SAW group really seems to bring out the best in many of us.
  3. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Great sounding mandolin. nice backing track, beautiful barns!
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Professional sounding mandolin, Ginny. Nice to learn about Barn Quilts.
  5. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thank you John, CC and Frithjof. I love Barn Quilts = the last picture is of our farm we had with the Family Tree quilt over the double doors. I am going to paint one here where I live now..a winter project - they are time consuming. My Northfield has served me well and next lesson we are going to adjust the action and put on lighter strings as the arthritis in my fingers gets tighter.
  6. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    The mandolin is gloriously prominent in this recording, with a full depth of tone, fitting the quilts very well.
  7. Brian560
    Brian560
    The music sounded wonderful and fit the slides perfectly. Compliments to the photographer too
  8. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thanks guys. I had fun with this one because I was happy to be able to do more than just the mandolin. I did the harmonies and the drums and the keyboard plus the video, which I also enjoy.
  9. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    Wow. Nicely done!
  10. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Those are SOME barns Ginny, great tone, and very nice overall production.
  11. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thank you Simon and Mike ! SIMON - we all thought you'd gone missing so there is an APB out for you - so if you see a uniformed person coming at you - don't run. (you know, like you usually would)
  12. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    I did go missing!
    Terrible heat wave here, I could only just about think.
    In order to reduce body heat production, I went on a zero alcohol, fat and carb diet. Every day for three weeks.
    I mean I just about thought of it each day. And then I’d think about not doing it.
    Very hot.

What do you mean about uniform people?
  13. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    The uniformed people are there to find you if you go missing, Simon. The APB Ginny mentions is an All Points Bulletin, a general alert message sent out by law enforcement agencies when someone has been reported missing. Beware, they might be armed! Good to see you posting again.
  14. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Simon, diets are not the way to go. Fat follows its own law of gravity which cannot be bypassed. As you can see by videos of the band Barrule from 2012 and 2016, it always gets sucked out of accordionists into fiddlers, leaving zouk players unchanged.
  15. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    And now I know about barn quilts as well! The SAW group broadens cultural horizons. And very nicely played and produced, too!
  16. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thanks Dennis. While not a magnum opus, it was farm and have had some good feedback from Barn Quilt painters on Facebook.