Bump!

1. Ray(T)
    Ray(T)
    Tw years to the day since the last activity on this interest group.

Is anyone still playing or even interested in Holoubek mandolins? I must admit that mine has been somewhat neglectd recently due to my profusion of other instruments but I did get it out a month or so ago and it still sounds just as good as it always has - it was 18 this year; tempus fugit.

I don’t think the fact that the “group maintenance individual” hasn’t posted on the Cafe in over 5 years helps.
  2. Ray(T)
    Ray(T)
    ..... and another year!
  3. Cyeon
    Cyeon
    Maybe I should post something here to get a little life back into the group. I recently brought a new holoubek mandolin from an old stock. An instrument shop owner , was selling instruments he kept for himself after the shop closed. So the instrument is quite old but never really used.

Now im in the progress of playing it in and seeing how it opens up over time. Quite excited :)
  4. Ray(T)
    Ray(T)
    Oops .... you’ve only just woken me up! Model? Serial No.? Not played mine in a while - too many other good mandolins!
  5. Cyeon
    Cyeon
    Mine has the serial number 128/39. It's a classical f model. I will post a picture in the other thread. As I only have oval flat top mandolins for my other instruments I it gets much love now