Bourrée de Viplaix

1. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Here's a collaboration Brian and I have be working on. The photos are from the village of Viplaix or the surrounding area, Montluçon on the Cher river.
    Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/F4akzWLYjKs
  2. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Great music and nice pictures Brian and Simon!
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    A catchy tune from a new internet duo!
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Your new collaboration is a pleasant surprise.
  5. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks guys yes Brian showed me this great app that you can use for editing. BandLab it’s called.
    It was enjoyable and relatively straightforward. I had a lot of fun with the tremolo.
  6. Brian560
    Brian560
    Thanks, this was a fun project.
  7. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Since I saw your contributions in the other thread about the Bourrée à Huit, I've wanted to learn these two tunes. Here I'm playing them together. Solo mandolin, no overdubs this time.

The intention was for the retro shirt to fit the historic feel of these great tunes. And Ginny keeps asking for the sailor's shirt. But in the end, my son walked in repeatedly to steal the show. I kept his amusing appearances in the video as much as possible. Sorry about the mispicks and editing glitch.

8. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Really nice Dennis! It’s good to see your and family in a musical atmosphere. Thanks for posting this.
  9. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Great playing, Dennis. You made your son feel the dance rhythm – with that said you played it right.
  10. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Lovely video, Dennis. You play the two tunes really well, and those little visitations from the wee fellow are just what we need at this time. THe final shot in the video is so symbolic of who really rules in our homes!