The next new guy

1. KaCe
    KaCe
    Hi,

I think it's time to write my first post to say hello. I joined the forum in November after reading half a year hundred Posts about entry level Mandolins and Setup. In June I got a The Loar 310F as a birthday gift to learn and try if I'll stay with the Mandolin. In the meantime I found a good Mandolin teacher - whitch is not so easy in Europe - and learn the basics and I upgraded to a beautifull Eastman MD515cc. Now I have a lot of work to do with finger gymnastics, because my left hand wasn't used that much for 60 years.

Cheers
  2. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Welcome, KaCe. I am glad you made the transition from lurker to "official member". My current finger gymnastics exercise is this month's tune of the month played in F. I think my fingers are bruised from tripping over each other so often.

What country in Europe? I lived in the Netherlands for a while and loved it there. My employer had to drag me back to the USA with me kicking and screaming and dragging my feet when they decided I was having too much fun.
  3. NDO
    NDO
    Welcome! I hope you love your new Eastman as much as I do. I can’t walk past it without picking it up. I can’t believe I wasted 55 years thinking I’d never be able to play a stringed instrument.
  4. Louise NM
    Louise NM
    Nice to have another newbie on board.

Congratulations on finding—and utilizing—a teacher. It will make a big difference.
  5. KaCe
    KaCe
    Thanks for the welcome.
    @HonketyHank, I'm from Germany and I understand that you loved it in the Netherlands. There are a lot of wonderfull places to live.
    @NDO, the Eastmann is great Instrument, I like the wood and the tone of the 515cc. With the radiussed Fretboard, the Neck and the Tuners I'm not so happy until now.
  6. Stacey Morris
    Stacey Morris
    Welcome to the Newbies group, KaCe!