Song For A Winter's Night

1. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison

A classic Gordon Lightfoot song rendered here instrumentally and acoustically. Yes, my first (and probably only) in-person appearance. With great back track from Emory Lester. Northfield mandolin for melody. Larivee mandolin for harmony. Northfield octave for third verse melody.
    (apologies for a bit blurry video - incompatible devices and video programmes)
    No instruments were harmed by photos by the fireplace but the little reindeer got it's butt a bit burnt.
  2. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Love your sensitive approach and harmonys. Great video!
  3. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    You always choose the right songs Ginny, and you render them fantastically!
  4. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Lovely performance Ginny, nice soothing atmosphere and well blended and balanced harmony.
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Congratulations, Ginny, on a great performance and a lovely video production. Great balance between the instruments and I love the transitions between the shots of you playing and the cosy fireside shots. Such a warm feeling all round. I think you told me Bethany was involved in the video production, so congratulations to her too - and yes, the hair does look great!

More of the same, please.
  6. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Thank you, John, Frank, Simon and Christian. Yes, Bethany tried two different video platforms and I tried my usual - this is good compared to the picture quality we were originally getting. As John said, a digital camera and a video don't always play well together. The first verse is the Northfield A5, the second verse (harmony) is the Larrivee and the third is the Northfield octave.
    Thank you for your YT comments as well.
  7. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Cosy fire, everything in matching colors, and yourself, Ginny - don't say it's a one-off occurrence! Soft music, perfectly arranged, and there is Bing Crosby, asking for his White Christmas order (not really, but I would not have been surprised, such is the perfection).
  8. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    haha Bertram. Thank you. I enjoyed doing the three parts to each verse. The rendering of video/audio to a file was almost impossible. I have learned some lessons I'd not know, never having done a personal recording before. I have the back track in my ear on one side and that little white ear thing kept falling out - I don't know how people walk around with them when I can't even sit still and it falls out. I have lots to learn.
  9. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    What a surprise! Applause for this lovely performance, Ginny. I hope it will not be the one and only production with you in person.
  10. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Beautiful tune and wonderful playing, Ginny. And the video was top-notch. Fantastic job!
  11. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    That’s what I was thinking Frithjof.
    Encore!
  12. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    What a great, cosy music video! I'm sure it was a chore to produce, but it looks so relaxed and professional. Great job on the music and the video.