John Lyon's Jig

1. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    i fell in love with this tune when ian lynch played it on his fantastic fire draws near podcast, i couldnt find it anywhere and im hopeless at learning by ear but luckily enough i happen to be chatting with aidan crossey and he kindly made some abcs up for me. great fun to play.

X: 8
    T: John Lydon's?
    R: jig
    M: 6/8
    L: 1/8
    K: Dmaj
    |:de|fed edc|Adc AGE|DFA dAF|EFE Ede|
    fed edc|Adc AGE|DFA dAF|DED D:||
    |:fe|dfa afa|bab afe|def afe|dBA B2c|
    dfa afa|bab afe|DFA dAF|DED D:||

2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great jig, Lawrence, and you have really nailed the rhythm here, I would say. Thanks too for posting the abc notation.
  3. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Lovely stuff, crackin jig that! I'll need to give that one a go on the auld tenor guitar!
  4. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    thanks John, look forward to that Jill, the auld punk in me couldn't resist that title !
  5. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Great jig picking!
  6. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Great driving rhythm, Lawrence!
  7. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Fine playing Gornamona, I really like the rhythm you’ve got going there too.
    This is a great jig but the title reminds me of the city near where I live which is not so great!
    I usually get my tunes from thesession.org, abcnotation or musescore but I might start going through old threads here too, there must be more than 2000 of them now.
  8. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Nicely done, Lawrence. I left a comment on your YT page.
  9. Michael Romkey
    Michael Romkey
    Well done! Great rhythm and picking.
  10. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    what a wild jig, with notes raining all over the place like bullets from a Thompson, played to perfection, dodging all of them like Neo.
  11. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Right here's my go of this lovely wee jig - played on the Frank Tate tenor guitar that I bought from Lawrence last week!

12. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Wonderful Jill, dashingly played. How did you get it to fly at that tempo?!
  13. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    It take an Irish lass to deliver an Irish jig, Jill. Lovely controlled playing on that tenor.
  14. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    That’s a warm sounding tenor guitar you got from Lawrence. Needless to say, that you play it seemingly effortless.
  15. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    delightful Jill, was lovely to meet you in person, shame it wasn't over a pint
  16. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Aye, was great to finally meet, next time definitely needs to be over a pint, first rounds on me!
  17. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Amazing playing, both of you!