Chi Mi Bhuam (I see afar)

1. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Expect no dramatic turns or surprises here - this is a laid-back scenery from a local reservoir near where we live, with a Gaelic song by poet John MacFadyen of the Isle of Mull, accompanied with a collection of techniques (double stops, cross picking, full chords) on the OM.

2. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Very nice Bertram. I found it, Very dramatic, and beautiful. Lovely vocals and music.
  3. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Very beautiful.
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Great singing by Regina! You choose an interesting accompaniment, Bertram, but avoided to push the voice into the background. Don’t know if that would be possible with Regina’s voice...
  5. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Great accompaniment öf a beautiful voice!
  6. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Very nice Regina and Bertram.
    You play really well together.
    I’m guessing the language is Gaelic.
    I think we’re really lucky to be in this creative atmosphere.
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Bertram, you mentioned in another thread (The Man in the Moon) that the lyrics should always be the prime consideration in any song and you show it well in this lovely delivery of the Gaelic air. Regina's voice takes precedence and your backing is there to add to her performance. Lovely job from both of you. Is this one of the songs you did when you were over visiting me here? I remember Regina singing some Gaelic that day.
  8. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thank you all, lady and gents, for so many kind words. You're right Frithjof, drowning Regina's voice in accompaniment would be a challenge indeed. John, that's a fairly recent one for Regina, not known to her back then.