Seamus O'Brien

1. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    SEAMUS O'BRIEN('S). AKA and see "James O'Brien," "Shamus O'Brien." Irish, Slow Air: American, Canadian; Waltz. G Major. Standard tuning (fiddle). AB. The melody is very popular in the American Mid West as a waltz tune (as "Shamus O'Brien). It is in Francis O'Neill's early 20th century collection as "James O'Brien."
    Written by American poet William Shakespeare Hays [1837-1907] in 1866 and published in sheet music form in 1867, as a song in answer to Nora O’Neal.

You can read this information in the Traditional Tune Archive, what more could I add?
  2. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Beautiful!
  3. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I thought this was really nice CC. I like the waltz rhythm and the also the rolling melody.
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    A lovely tune, and well arranged and played, Christian. You get a different sound now with the steel-strung guitar and it suits the country flavour of this tune.
  5. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Great plodding country tune, Christian, I like the steady, nostalgic, deliberate rhythm.
  6. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    What more could you add? Well, you added a nice recording that shows a lot of respect for the music and is very cleanly played to your usual standard. I'm sure the music is pleased to be played like that.
  7. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Beautiful start on this beautiful morn! Thanks Christian!
  8. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Ditto all comments. I also admire your restraint in going from one note to the next.
  9. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Thanks everyone for the kind comments!