I Started A Joke

1. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    I played this Bee Gees classic on my Pava, with a YT backing track playing thru my little JBL. Thanks 4 the Listen!
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great interpretation, Frank, and a good balance between your backing track and yoour mandolin lead. I see we share a liking for pictures of trees and water. Always so peaceful out in Nature.
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Very natural Frank, but I am a bit disappointed that you didn’t sing in this one!
  4. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I can't believe how much I love this, Frank. Maybe I have repressed memories of when I was young carefree girl....but I still loved your rendition of it.
  5. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Thank You All! Yes John, I love it all. Nature. I couldn't sing this one Simon, without being reborn somehow.The Gibbs bros wrote some amazing songs. Massachusetts, while pulling into Boston Harbor, simple greatness. And this, a most depressing, yet beautiful song. Again, to me, remarkable in it's simplicity. Man, I LOVE our 12 notes!
  6. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Great job! While not a great Bee Gees fan at the time they were recording, I've heard this song at least a million times over the years. I've come to admire their great singing voices and their harmonies. Man, they could belt out a tune. Your arrangement just shows how beautiful the melody really is when you play it on your mandolin in such a straight forward way! Well done.
  7. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Nice, peaceful melody playing, Frank!
    I love all these nature pictures with one hidden bit of technic which - of course - is natural for you.
  8. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Sounds fine, the mandolin shines embedded in the background track.