Rubber Dolly

1. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Here's a quick little version of this classic fiddle tune I did this cold morn'. I know, Back up and Push has been posted. But this is Rubber Dolly. Backed up by myself and several cups of coffea. Not backed up by an new "A" string that doesn't want to stay put. I used ducks because I think rubber dollys are a little creepy, at least the ones I had. Thanks for Listen'n!
  2. bbcee
    bbcee
    Nice job all around, Frank, one of my favorites. I never heard it sung, and you sound great!
  3. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I think this is a great song, Frank and I'm not sure I would have wanted to see what popped up in the 'rubber dolly' search !
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great, fun version, Frank. I have herd this as a chidren's rhyme over here a long time ago, but your version is just so much fun, and the pictures heighten this. I agree with Ginny in being afraid of what might come out of your past re rubber dollies!
  5. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Great video Frank! Not only are you a terrific mandolin player, but also a good singer.
    My favorite moment is at 0:45. when the Bavarian beer drinker pair in lederhosen appear.
  6. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Thanks Bruce, Ginny, John and Christian! It's a fun song to play, wait till you hear my Back up and Push... Those rubber dolls always freak me out John, with or without air.
  7. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    That Iron Maiden duck was creepy enough, Frank
    Funny little song from a time when Chucky was not invented yet (let alone computerized AI fullsize models...)
  8. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Lots of fun!
  9. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    I’ve no idea what it’s about, but great mandolin playing and professional singing, nice one Frank.