Black Friday / Indian Point

1. Robert Balch
    Robert Balch
    Here are a couple of tunes from the Portland Collection Book 2 ( see link below. The first is "Black Friday" written byBob McQuillen and the second is Indian Point by Rick Mohr.

The Portland Collection books can be found here and are a great source for tunes from all over the world:

https://www.theportlandcollection.com/

Mandolin: Collings MTO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTMVfP-OGIg
  2. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Very nice Robert! Well played and a set to learn. I like the melodic turns in both of the them.
  3. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Great solo performance on your MTO, Robert
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Black Friday had me thinking you were about to launch into The Teddybears' Picnic, Robert. The tune has a very Irish feeling to it. It goes really well with the second tune in your set. Fine playing on both.
  5. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Great picking, Robert.
  6. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Great tune Robert! Tight pick'n! Nice tone, and tone change!
  7. Robert Balch
    Robert Balch
    Thanks everyone. They are fun tunes to play.
    I did forget to include the ABC notation so here it is in case anyone wants them:

X:175
    T:Black Friday
    C:Bob McQuillen
    N:
    L:1/8
    M:6/8
    K:G
    B, |: "Em"E2G "B"FGF | "Em"E2G "B"FGA | "Em"BcB BAG | GAB "D"AGF | "Em"E2G "B"FGF | \
    "Em"E2G "B"FGA | "Em"BcB "D"AGF |1 "Em"GEE E2B, :|2 "Em"GEE E2B |: "Em"efg gfe | \
    "D"ded "Bm"B2d | "Em"efg gag | "D"f2d dBd | "Em"eBB "D"fBB | "Em"gab "Am"a2a | \
    "Bm"bag "D"fed |1 "Em"Bee e2B :|2"Em" Bee e3 |]\

X:176
    T:Indian Point
    C:Rick Mohr
    N:
    L:1/8
    M:6/8
    K:G
    "Em"B,EF G2A | BAG FED | "C"CEF G2A | BAG BAG | "D"FED A,2D | FEF AGF |1 "Em"EFG BAG | \
    "B"F3 FED :|2 "Em"GFE "D"FED | "Em"E3 E2B |: "Em"Bef gfe | "C"cef gfe | "D"dfg agf | \
    "Em"gfe "D"fed | "Em"Bef gfe | "C"ceg a2a | "B"bag fgf |1 "Em"e3 e2B :|2 """Em"e3 e2B, |] \
  8. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Ha, ha, ‘great minds think alike’! I’d just finished typing out the first tune!
    Many thanks Robert!
    Working on learning the second tune now, want it to be one of the sets that I can play without reading… will take some different kind of thinking.
  9. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    That's a good set, Robert! It's always nice to hear two tunes that go so well together, and kudos to you for playing them together so fluently and rhythmically.