Strad-O-Lin threads on the cafe

1. MikeEdgerton
    MikeEdgerton
    To make it a little easier we'll provde these two search links for threads that have Strad-O-Lin or StradOLin in the subject line. They are as follows:

StradOLin

Strad-O-Lin

There are more threads that mention these instruments. These are the easiest to navigate as the name is in the subject line.
  2. Randi Gormley
    Randi Gormley
    i remember my first search for the strad-o-lin name before i joined the cafe last year; it's nice to have them all gathered together. many thanks! I ran into one of us last summer at CIAW -- he was a very nice guy from the Boston area and we were sitting around before class started and I struck up a conversation by saying, "what kind of mandolin do you play?" and he said "strad-o-lin" at which point I knew he was the right sort! We compared mandos -- his was a little younger and had a tortoise pick guard, if i remember correctly.
  3. MikeEdgerton
    MikeEdgerton
    I'm going to try and find some of the pictures of the Strad-O-Lin genre mandolins that have passed through my hands and get those up here as well. Feel free to post some pictures of your mandolin.
  4. dallash43
    dallash43
    Are there Strad-o-lin's with the more common f-style holes? Like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...id=p2759.l1259

I'm looking for one, but am not so sure of this one.
  5. MikeEdgerton
    MikeEdgerton
    As disucussed on the message board that wasn't a Strad-O-Lin.
  6. Pookie
    Pookie
    i just acquired a Stradolin. it came via a trade for an acoustic/electric. i definitely got the better end of the deal. i'll play this for a long time. i have a question that maybe some of you can answer: the E string doesn't sound as good as the other 3. is this a setup issue? additionally, the neck has a slight bow. i don't think that this is an issue, but i am new to this make, and i want to learn as much as possible.

Jerry