Fisherman's Lilt

1. pluckinstrings
    pluckinstrings
    I thought for sure that this one would have been done. Please forgive me if there is already another thread for this one. Generally speaking, I find that I'm playing these tunes slower than average, but I like the feel of it. And I hope you will too!

2. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Interesting, there is one of that name as one of many aliases (found by Lilting Fisherman on thesession.org) here https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/g...352&do=discuss, but it seems to be a different tune.
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Jason, you are the unluckiest man on SAW! Nice playing, BTW.
    Bertram there are loads of tunes which allude to fishing in Ireland. And lots of lilting too.
    I believe this is the finely played jig.

Nice to hear your expressive playing again as well, Bertram.
  4. pluckinstrings
    pluckinstrings
    Bertram - I saw that one but after I listened to your playing (good job BTW), I figured that it was a different tune. That is an interesting thing about a lot of these Celtic tunes. Many of them have multiple names. I found one awhile ago that was known by at least 15 other names. It makes it tough not to repeat threads.
  5. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Me too, Jason, I prefer Jigs at a slower speed, nice recording!
  6. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Jason, not only are there tunes with multiple names, there are names with multiple tunes. I have known musicians who stopped bothering about names and remembering them altogether and recognizing tunes by their sound only (saying "do you know that <playing diddle-dee-dee...>").