Smoke Me Another Kipper for Breakfast

1. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    By Rick Payman.
    Here’s a tasty little modern jig with interesting rhythm.

https://youtu.be/nb3NI1f08Ao
  2. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Sounds great, Simon, you play the syncopes with exactness and relaxation.
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks Christian, the rhythm makes it quite a demanding tune to play.
    You may hear my cat howling outside in the background. She’s only had 5 bowls of catfood today, and she knows I’m cooking. She used to be crazy about hunting, in the rain, the snow whatever -she’d be out there. Now she’s crazy about standing next to the fridge.
    She’s still hunting. With age comes wisdom.
  4. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Simon, you can't play a tune about kippers and expect your cat to act cool about it
    I'm sure it's the syncopation triggering some Pawlow logic.
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    You are on a roll right now with your indoor location. Another fine tune well played by you.
  6. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thank you Gentlemen. The syncopation’s not at all easy, but I used a strict DUD picking pattern.
    -It’s definitely not always the case, but being a picking pattern fundamentalist does occasionally help!

This winter the cat learned to associate food with love, Bertram -my fault.

Definitely not on a roll John, my birthday is 9 may and I had to record 36 tunes to fill my second repertoire book… four so far. I have eight days left, that’s four tunes recorded per day, every day.
    I’m not sure if that’s going to happen !
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Remember that quality always outweighs quantity, Simon. Aiming to get as many tunes as you can recorded to a very tight deadline is maybe not the best model, but then you always come up with something interesting in your postings.
  8. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    At the moment I’m looking at it like O level examination week John. Either I know these tunes or I don’t.
    I agree about quality in recording but it’s good to crank up the pressure sometimes and I don’t get out to play with anyone else so I probably have different objectives.

The other problem is that SAWers keep pumping out so many good tunes. I must have 250 waiting to go and it’s not easy to just focus on the present.
    Ok Blackberry Blossom tomorrow…

(I did force myself to learn Pride of Petravore in record time- a record for me at least)
  9. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Fine playing of this jig, Simon. And…

Happy Birthday!
  10. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    THANKS Frithjof!
  11. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Great tune Simon! Happy Belated! What John said. I just went through a spell of nothing feels right, playing wise. I think I might have been pushing too hard. But there's always that time thing...