Riding the Teeling: original tune

1. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    A person on a recording website offered to master tracks for people. I sent him this track and he worked some magic on it. He has multiple Pultecs and other tube gear that really added some goodness to the track. Put on the good headphones or hook up the good speakers.

I'm playing my Girouard mandola on the first time through, then the Heiden, then the Old Wave oval hole A model octave. The track ends with the mandola and Heiden playing harmonies.

Added some time-lapse videos I've been shooting for some eye candy too. Hope you enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/rLpeL_wA-ZQ

2. bbcee
    bbcee
    Don played me this tune several months ago, and it’s been stuck in my head ever since. Really fine composition, Don, and I like the accompaniment behind you on this version. This should be played by others!
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    What a great, driving tune you have there, Don. Such a bright and cheerful start to my wet Sunday morning.
    I am listening on good headphones and the mix is certainly really well done with all the instruments, melody on the mandolin family, rhythm guitar and bass, having their own space and blending together so well.

Fine job on the photos too.
  4. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Lovely tune Don, really enjoyed hearing the different mandolin family instruments on it!
  5. John W.
    John W.
    Lovely, catchy tune, Don…well played on all instruments…which the “magic” enhances.
  6. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Even on my cheap compoter speakers it sounds great!
  7. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    My headphones are not cheap.
    - they’re not very good either and it sounds great, so it probably sounds better than that.
  8. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Thanks, everyone. Appreciate all your kind comments!
  9. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks for the kind permission to post the TAB Don.
    Hope this is about right, love the harmonising improv, C and D parts, modal changes and slightly crooked call and response rhythm. Great tune.

X:1
    T: Riding the Teeling
    C:Don Grieser, 2022
    N:HillbillyChamberMusic,
    N:https://youtu.be/rLpeL_wA-ZQ
    N:Played on MandolinCafe Song-A-Week group
    R:Hornpipe
    L: 1/8
    M:4/4
    K: G
    AB cBAG |:E2 E2 EE d2 |B2 BBBA G2|A2 A3A c2|A3A
    AGED |C2 E2 G=FED |B,2G2 FEDB,|A,4A,4 |1z2AB cBAG:|2DEF2 G4 |
    d4 dcBc |BAG2 F4|d4 dcBc |BAGF E4|
    c4 cBAB |AGEG EB,3 |GFED D8 |1D4 DEF2:|2D4 z4|
  10. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Great tune and performance!!
  11. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    What a great tune and recording! Extremely well done.
  12. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    What an awesome, driving tune, Don! Perfectly performed on all instruments!
  13. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Thanks Frank, Gelsenbury, and Frithjof! Thanks for taking the time to write out my tune, Simon. Appreciate that.