Pastourelle

1. pluckinstrings
    pluckinstrings
    This early 13th Century French piece is a really nice way to practice your chords with melody mixed in. Still shaking this cold (or is it the flu?)....

2. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    It’s so lonesome to see a thread with only one vid, so…
    Very nice playing pluckinstrings, what did you think of Martin’s version? Not bad too. Martin?

https://youtu.be/WWOMK94x96Q

Here’s Jack Campin’s version from his most famous site, there are of course many other Pastourelles at abcnotation.com and this one on my Youtube channel too.
    I’ve included a thirds part.

X:17
    T:Bourrée Pastourelle
    Z:Jack Campin, 2014 [EDITED, thirds by Simon DS, Sept. 2022]
    F:http://www.campin.me.uk/Music/YoupNannetteD.abc
    S:p25, p1000214.jpg
    M:3/8
    L:1/8
    Q:1/4=120
    K:G
    D|GGA|BcB|AG/A/G/A/|BG\D|GGA|BcB|AF/A/F/A/|G2:|
    B|A2F|D2D|GG/F/G/A/|BG\B|A2F|D2D|GG/A/B/A/|G2:|
    T:Thirds
    F|BBc|ded|cB/2c/2B/2c/2|dB\F|BBc|ded|cA/2c/2A/2c/2|B2:|
    d|c2A|F2F|BB/2A/2B/2c/2|dB\d|c2A|F2F|BB/2c/2d/2c/2|B2:|
  3. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    That was a fast answer, Simon. Well played by both of you.
  4. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks Frithjof, 42 minutes is a record. I didn’t see pluckingstrings’ post for 1h57!
    I wanted to rise to the challenge of joining in on one of Martin’s tunes in record time too but it takes an hour to re-write the notation to TAB, ha, ha.

-I like the feeling that you’re almost playing together, there’s just a slight delay.

And there’s that thrill in the learning process. I remember that The Road to Lisdoonvarna, the first or second tune I ever posted here on SAW took me 5 weeks to 'learn'!
    But it’s a wonderful mandolin journey and I like that we’re very helpful and cooperative here on SAW.
  5. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    It's always a good time to enjoy some medieval music! I hadn't heard this tune before. Your interpretations sound very different from each other, which makes it all the more interesting. I'll just play them again...