From me to you

1. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Another Lennon/McCartney-Song picked on mandolin and guitar, this time a rather early one. I noticed, that if you show pictures of the Beatles or their albums, you get a note of copyright infringement, so I just showed the instruments they played at the time.
  2. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I remember this song, CC. Nicely done, thanks. Do you get a copyright notice or a strike. I have a ton of copyright notices. Some even from O'Carolan tunes ! The lady bug however is more colourful.
  3. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Very nice! I find that I struggle to get these sort of songs sounding right on mandolin, so I am very impressed!

Ginny: copyright notices are not that much of a concern as they don't count as strikes and just mean the ad income goes to the copyright holder. Copyright notices on public domain tunes (such as Carolan) can and should be appealed and in my experience the appeal is almost always successful because the supposed claimant doesn't bother replying within the 30 day period. The notices are automatically generated by Youtube's content match system, which isn't very good with traditional tunes and classical compositions.

Martin
  4. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Thanks Ginny and Martin! I noticed, that copyright notices depend predominantly on the photos used. If I give Lennon(McCartney credit as composers of a tune, nothing happens. But if I show their faces, I get a notice. Same with Jay Ungar. So, if you don't show celebrity pics it's gonna be OK.
  5. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks Christian, nice playing as usual, I’ve been trying these Beetles songs as tunes too. It’s really relaxing just playing along with their old recordings.
    I’ve rarely had copyright claims, but Google is reading this post, so you never know…

I did have one claim which concerned me. It was from Carolan himself, or rather the heavy metal band he now plays in. He seemed quite upset at my apparent lack of respect for his tunes.

Nothing is sacred anymore!
  6. bbcee
    bbcee
    Verrry clever, Christian, with instrument pics instead of The Boys themselves! Your tremolo really makes the song. Nice strong guitar backing as well.
  7. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Ah, yes, I remember this tune. Nice tremolo. They wrote some sophisticated chord changes and note choices for a pop band.
  8. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Thanks Simon, bbce and Don! You are right, Don, you won't find an augmented chord in today's pop music.