Farewell to Tobermory

1. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    There are two Tobermorys: one on the Isle of Mull in Scotland, and the other on the Bruce Peninsula in Ontario. I guess this tune was inspired by the first:
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    You have done it again, Christian! Given me a Scottish tune I now want to learn. Lovely arrangement and fine playing and instrument choice once again, and your pictures of Tobermory are beautiful. Mull is a real jewel in our Scottish islands.
  3. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    This reminds me of another Scottish tune, but I can't remember which one! Very nicely played.
  4. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    The Tobermory Distillery featuring in the pictures are making Ledaig, a very good peated single malt, and I'll have to refill my stock of that, thanks for the heads-up!
    Dennis, there is a certain mutual resemblance of Scottish tunes in general (that's genre for you), so I can only refer to the part I seem to recognise: the end of each part rings "the bonny bonny banks of Loch Lomond" in my ear - is that it?
  5. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Christian, I enjoy this clear tone of your mandolin well accompanied by your fingerstyle guitar. Nice harmony playing on mandolin, too.
  6. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    I don't think it's just me, but this recording is special. It has something, can't put my finger on it. I hesitate to say your best, because that makes others less so. It does have something special though.
  7. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    Christian's style is unmistakable. Very nice!
  8. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    This is done so beautifully. Nice arrangement and good colourful photos of the Scottish Tobermory. We have a big ferry that docks at Tobermory to take people and vehicles way up north without all the road travel.
  9. John W.
    John W.
    Lovely, Christian…top quality in ‘your style’. Bertram, I shall have to put Ledaig on my (short) list of single malts to try.
  10. Bren
    Bren
    Just because:

11. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    A step in the right direction, Bren
  12. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Ah, a bottle of Ledaig malt. Oh, there's a mandolin in the picture too.