The Ross Memorial Hospital

1. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    The Ross Memorial Hospital is like Tobermory: there's one in Ontario and one in Scottland, in Dingwall, to be exact.
    I guess this is the one that inspired Phil Cunningham to this tune:
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    One of my favourite Phil Cunningham compositions, Christian, and another very fine job you have done here. Interesting place links between Scotland and Canada, and there are so many. Another tune I love playing is Glencoe Village Hall and this, I learned after playing the tune for some time, is a Canadian composition and not related to our very famous Glencoe here in Scotland, the site of the infamous massacre in February 1692 of many of the MacDonald clan.
  3. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Again, CC a great job playing this number. We certainly have taken a shine to the Cunningham's music. John, I used to play along with your Glencoe Village Hall even before I knew ye. The Ross Memorial is right where one of my brothers lives.
  4. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Peaceful rendition, fitting the tune, Christian. Makes me wonder - the building in the pics does not look like your typical hospital (concrete building block with emergency entrance and revolving door), and what is the connection with the tune, what the narrative?
  5. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Another beautiful recording, Christian. The interplay of both mandolin voices sounds great.
  6. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    A lovely, peaceful tune and performance Christian. This tune really seems to fit you and your style.