The song, “Creep.”

1. NeoGeo
    NeoGeo
    I’ve been working on this one for about 2 weeks.
    Not many chords, and easy ones at that.
    After you learn the chords, you can add embellishments.
    Then, you can add extra embellishments that are like the words that are sung.
    I’m having a lot of fun with this one, and maybe you can impress the ladies.
    At my age, women my age probably won’t recognize the song, but there are younger ones that will.
    Just a thought, and a fun one to play.
    I’m at a point that I can follow the song.
    So much information here. I’m so happy that I found this site. It has helped me more than I ever would have imagined.
    I hope I can become an asset to this community, with things I’ve found, and questions that I’ve raised that might help others.
    I’ve played guitar for many years, but this is different. At times, so much easier to play.
    It has given me so much enjoyment.
    Thanks again to everyone.
    George.
    P.S. I almost feel like a rock star, but only in my own mind, hehe.
  2. Southern Man
    Southern Man
    My wife plays this one on Uke. She really likes it. I'm not a Radiohead fan, so I haven't tried to learn that one with her.
  3. NeoGeo
    NeoGeo
    Just to add, this song is more difficult to play on a guitar, unless you can play Barr cords well.
    I’m not a fan either, but I just liked the song, and tried to play it.
    I’m glad I did.
  4. NDO
    NDO
    That is a great song, George. One of my old bandmates posted a cover of it (guitar) a few weeks ago:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ABz5iE...ature=youtu.be
  5. NDO
    NDO
    George, have you tried Copperhead Road yet? I’ve just about got it down. There’s a good tutorial video on RPM (Rock & Pop Mandolin) YouTube channel for the riffs. If you haven’t found that channel yet it’ll be right up your alley for the kind of music you like. (Same stuff I like, sounds like.)
  6. Sue Rieter
    Sue Rieter
    Copperhead Road is a cool song that I'd like to learn. There's a great version of it on a CD called "THe Full Monkey", the band is called Monkey Grip and there's at least one Mid Missouri mandolin involved and Mike Dulak apparently plays the fiddle a few times on the album. A little hard to find, but a good album.
  7. NeoGeo
    NeoGeo
    NDO: Thank you for that. He is very talented, and has a nice voice.
    It really was wonderful. I might work on it on my guitar.
    Thanks again.
  8. JeffLearman
    JeffLearman
    What a great song! I considered covering it, but ... well, I just don't nearly have the pipes for this moment:

https://youtu.be/XFkzRNyygfk?t=160

and I think that moment really makes the song, emotionally. I mean, sheesh! Listen to that!

A hard act to follow.
  9. NDO
    NDO
    Hey Geo now that I’ve got Fishin in the Dark, Copperhead Road and Dust on the Bottle fingered out this week I think I’ll give this song a try. I was wondering what chord voicings you’re using and what embellishments you’re adding? At first glance I’m looking at easy two and three-finger chords because I’m going to play it on my octave. So I’m thinking 0023, x122, 0230, 013x. And hammer on to 0033, x123, 0231 a bit. Interested to hear what you’re doing since you’ve been playing strings a lot longer than many of us.

Jeff, I don’t have the pipes for that note either but I think it’ll sound okay a third lower or so. I’ll see how it goes

NeoGeo, if you have a recording of your cover I’d love to hear it!
  10. NDO
    NDO
    Well it’s not perfect but here’s my version.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7dav-BrjNgg&feature=shares

11. Stacey Morris
    Stacey Morris
    Good job Don!
  12. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    I like it Don