Wanted a used Black A2Z

1. Nick Gellie
    Nick Gellie
    I have decided to get a used Mike Black mandolin. PM me if you know of one for sale.

I sold my others when I was not of right mind. I had depression and I thought other mandolins were a better option which they weren't.

I had been looking for a Coombe oval but I may go for an A5. They are modelled on a Gilchrist for the most part.

Anyway I will be glad to hear of one for sale.

Ta!
  2. Nick Gellie
    Nick Gellie
    Although I missed out on the one in Italy, I have a definite option and one other possible. The one in Italy was sold pretty quickly. I didn't mind as it had yellow back and sides. I prefer the more conventional A2Z colour.

Actually to help defray import costs I modified an Eastman MD504 recently and intend to finish it very soon.
  3. pheffernan
    pheffernan
    I couldn’t determine whether the yellow cast to the Italian one was how it was finished or photographed.
  4. Nick Gellie
    Nick Gellie
    It was definitely yellow and not much vintage amber. I don't have a soft spot for all the mandolin to be finished in such a yellow colour.

I did touch base with Imrie about his A2Z two days ago. I have decided it is beyond my budget after considering import duties.

Instead, I am in the process of purchasing a used Black A4 closer to home. All will be revealed when the deal is done and I have it my hands .

I am selling my Collings MT to purchase it and another non-mandolin instrument which I had once several years ago. It is funny how things go in circles.
  5. Mike Black
    Mike Black
    That one in Italy is definitely very natural, unless the varnish yellowed a lot
  6. Mike Black
    Mike Black
    I will have a new A2z up for sale tomorrow.
  7. Nick Gellie
    Nick Gellie
    It may be a bit beyond my price range. However it is always worth a look.
  8. Nick Gellie
    Nick Gellie
    Resolved. See above post. Thanks to everyone for their help.
  9. slaminsam
    slaminsam
    Congratulations on the Black Mando. Mine is stellar and just sounds awesome.