Week #21 Poll

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here is a link to the poll for week #21. You'll notice that this poll has just 5 tunes to choose from... they are the top 5 tunes (all pretty close) from last week's poll, after the winner, E.M.D. (actually, E.M.D. & Wayfaring Stranger tied, at 5 votes a piece).

One vote per member, this week I remembered to make the results public.
  2. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Ok, you guys, the weekend is over, and everyone likes to be able to vote every week... we've had 5 votes, there are 5 tunes, and right now, it's a 5 way tie for first place! Go vote!
  3. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Wow, most of you must have gotten to work, and are just getting around to checking the Mandolin Cafe Social Groups!

Lots of voting has gone on this morning... it's a pretty good race! I guess that's what happens when the poll is populated with popular tunes!
  4. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    I like the new way the poll works ... showing who voted for what. Haven't voted, though. I'm withholding my ballot until Thursday or Friday morning in the hopes of playing kingmaker. Just kidding! I can't decide. Any of these tunes would be fun.
  5. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    Hmmm. It shows you who voted for what, Mike? All the past polls did that for me but the last two polls haven't. Maybe you're already king and don't know it.

Maybe that only works if one hasn't voted as I see Barb says she remembered to make the results public. Ah, well, it's not all that important.
  6. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Once you've voted, you can click any of the numbers of votes, and it will take you to the view that shows who voted for what.
  7. Eddie Sheehy
    And then you can git 'em later....
  8. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    This chatter is interesting. I had made all but week #20, so that you could see who voted for what. It's a box I check when making the poll, and just forgot on week #20. I haven't voted in any of these polls; when you go to the poll, if you look on the bottom right, it says 'view poll results'. If you click that, it shows you what the current standing is, and who voted for which tune. Does it not work like that for some of you?
  9. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    I'd seen the "view poll results" on previous polls posted prior to week #20 but now it works as Old Sausage states where you click on the number of votes for any given tune and it takes you to the poll results view.

While we're on the subject of forum or site usability, with respect to additional pages that appear at the bottom of a posting when there is more than one page, can the links to the additional pages be positioned at the top of the page as opposed to the bottom? It saves on scrolling.
  10. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Hmm.. it might be that it's different if you've already voted, or not. I haven't voted, so when I go there, there's the poll, and at the bottom it says, 'vote now' or 'view poll results'. If I view poll results, it has the tunes with the voters names, then the number of votes each tune has, and the percentage.

As far as how this forum goes, and the order of the posts (most recent first or last)... I don't have the capability to change that. So... I guess we'll have to expend that extra time and energy to scroll, even to click (next) to get to the next page!
  11. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    Yeah, maybe it is something that changes after you vote.

As for the other, could you apply your feminine wiles on Scott T and ask him if it's a possibility?
  12. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Feminine wiles, eh? Hey, I'm not against using them... I'll ask!
  13. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    OK, I asked, and I'll report back. But, let's get some input from the membership here... do you prefer the threads to be in the order they are, or in reverse order, where the most recent post is the first? Pros and cons.... when you are an active member, following the threads as they come in, and of course, when they get lengthy, it's 'easiest' to have the most recent posts first. However, if you are just starting a thread that has gone on a while, you have to start at the end, and read backwards to get the gist of the discussion... An observation of mine, the regular message boards are run the same way as the social groups are now... the original post shows up first, and the most recent post at the end.
  14. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Just a reminder... one more day to vote! Right now, Wayfaring Stranger is in the lead, but only by 3 votes over both Campbell's Farewell to Red Gap and Red Wing... so anything could happen in a day! Right now, just 25 of you have voted!
  15. billkilpatrick
    clicking successive pages of the thread to find the latest post is a minor inconvenience - i'm happy to keep it the way it is and start at the beginning.
  16. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    I think Joe just meant he wanted to see the page number links (when there's more than one page in a thread) at the top of the page AND at the bottom, like on the main boards. Which would be good if Scott could do it. I don't think he meant change the order posts appear in a thread.
  17. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    OS, you are so right! I misunderstood the question~ I'll re-ask it to Scott... I agree on that respect... it would be much handier NOT to have to scroll down to the bottom, just to click 'next page'!
  18. Eddie Sheehy
    With my memory fading as I grow older I enjoy reading all the posts from the very beginning, sometimes several times an hour...
  19. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    That's exactly what I meant, OS. Thanks for clarifying. Thanks for asking and re-asking, Barb.
  20. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Joe, no problem... just sorry I misunderstood in the beginning!
  21. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    OK, I caved and voted for "Magic Foot" in the hope of keeping it off the death list at the end of this round of voting.
  22. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I know it's early, but I've got a funeral to go to this morning, so I am going to be announcing the winner about 8:30ish, so if you haven't voted yet, and want to, now's the time!