Windyedge

1. Malk
    Malk
    A tune by Jimmy Shand that I found among Nigel Gatherer's extensive tune collection. As a younger person I would have found the music of Jimmy Shand to be old fashioned, staid and uncool but as an aged more sophisticated version of myself I have no such prejudice and am free to tap my toes away.

2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    You are certainly gaining lots of fluency in your playing, Malcolm. Phrasing coming along in leaps and bounds. This is a really good delivery and choosing any of Jimmy's tunes gives a great starting point. More of the same, please.
  3. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    I agree with John: The phrasing is getting good, which helps the rhythm and flow. The good tone is still there as well. Fast progress! I could almost hear the accordion there.
  4. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Well done Malk, you have made this tune your own.
  5. Richard Carver
    Richard Carver
    I agree with previous comments, Malcolm. Each one is more fluent than the previous, and this is the best of the lot. And, as Dennis said, you are not losing that nice tone you always had.

I had exactly the same feelings about Jimmy Shand, although south of the border he was less of a thing. And I have grown out of my prejudice too.

Glimpses of the Grover Cleveland a bonus.