Trip to Galway/Mrs McRory

1. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    The latest discussions about midi keyboards, pianos, fiddles and axe murderers inspired me to put it all in one video. So I thank you all, gents, for the ideas. I used my new midi controller keyboard and produced the sounds my vintage instruments can't. Also, there is something I always wanted to do ever since my youth was darkened with violin lessons imposed on me, and the minor key of Trip to Galway seemed to fit...

2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Your opening shot certainly gives a whole new meaning to this being the SAW Group, Bertram.
    A well-created arrangement played with your usual flair and abandon.
    I hope no fiddles were harmed in the making of this video.
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Peace and love, to our SAW brother!
    Yet another SAW group classic. Spirit, colonial style, and humour too; I was still laughing by the time you had you last mug of tea. Uhh, coffee.
    Excellent playing Bertram, you may want to thank your parents for a job well done!
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    A delightful sense of humor combined with a lot of musical skills! Thanks for this happy moment, Bertram.
  5. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thanks gentlemen. I must admit that the SAW connection never crossed my mind
    Instead, I had other tune titles giving me ideas, such as Cup of Tea, or I Buried my Fiddle and Danced on her Grave (I may have this one wrong)
    The violin is still mainly intact, though - the bridge is missing, there is only one string to hold the tailpiece and someting is rattling inside, which might be the bridge or the soundpost, and there is no bow.
  6. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    A very funny video, Bertram, are the sounds of the saw real or sampled?
  7. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thanks Christian, the saw sound is real, from the same saw, only on a different piece of wood.
  8. Richard Carver
    Richard Carver
    Hilarious video, Bertram, and very skilfully done. Cool shoes again. And what the Americans are pleased to call suspenders (though this always makes me snigger). Oh, and the music was great too.
  9. John W.
    John W.
    Excellent, Bertram. Great playing, and a great video with humour…did you record the saw cutting to a metronome?
  10. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    I learned 'Cup of Tea' Bertram but 'I Buried My Fiddle'?
    -Oh, please call me if you ever feel like doing that!
    I actually have a 3/4 size fiddle that's in about the same state of undress.
  11. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thanks Richard and John W. Suspenders or braces, all the same to me. The saw was synced with a draft of the music on my old iPod nano, recorded with an app on my phone, all inside my shed (giving a new meaning to woodshedding, too ).
  12. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Hiliarious! SAW group indeed. Wonderful playing as always.

I've never seen a chair or bench with its own parking meter. What happens if you don't put coins in the parking meter?
  13. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Brilliant stuff! Even with mellotron and a parking meter.
  14. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thanks Don and Dennis. My home town sold its old parking meters years ago, before the Euro was introduced, and we no longer have coins to feed it (no tickets so far...)
  15. gortnamona
    gortnamona
    wonderful Bertram
  16. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thanks Lawrence
  17. Frankdolin
    Frankdolin
    Outstanding Bertram! I can always count on being entertained by your wit and skill!
  18. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Thanks a lot Frank. Wit seems to be the only thing left at our age...