Week #22 Poll

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
  2. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    OK, ya'll... I'd gotten messages and posts from several of you, back when I was having the polls last for several weeks, saying you wanted a new poll every week, and the ability to vote every week! I put this poll up on Friday, and here it is Monday, and we've only had ONE voter... and I'm pretty sure he just voted yesterday! Get to voting!
  3. Chris Travers
    Chris Travers
    I really don't care which one wins this poll... so I'm gonna save my vote for later on in the week.
  4. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I'm not sure what to think of this week~ Have ya'll lost interest in the group? Is everyone on vacation? Work keeping us away from play? Only 6 people have posted videos for week #21, and only 6 people have voted for week #22! Chris, I don't understand your logic; if you don't care which tune wins, but are going to vote later in the week, what will you be hoping to accomplish later in the week?
  5. Chris Travers
    Chris Travers
    I voted! Flowers of Edinburg.
  6. Susanne
    Susanne
    Hi there, I'm sorry for not participating so much. During September I've been very busy because I've been continuing working nights also while studying (after this weekend I'll only work once in a while) so i haven't had time to touch the mandolin or any other instrument for that matter. Also, some of the winning tunes have been way beyond my capabilities so I just didn't care about trying. But I really want to record Bluegrass stomp and Cherokee shuffle, and definitely Wayfaring stranger. Probably won't have much time until next week though.
  7. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Maybe it's just me, but in the last few weeks there don't seem to have been many tunes I would think of as "popular" in the polls - although of course I have very much of a bluegrass bias.
  8. Chris Travers
    Chris Travers
    That's kinda the point OS. Sure popular tunes are great, and I love to play 'em. But one of the purposes of this group is to learn new tunes. And this week... we're doing just that!
  9. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I'm sure that this group has a many different purposes, depending on the member! That's the beauty of it! I think that 5 tunes per poll is better than 10, and I try to incorporate a variety of genre. I know there are probably many bluegrass lovers out there... but, there are also many lovers of OT, IT, etc, so I feel I should try to include as many genre as possible!

Remember, I do have a discussion where members can add tunes they would like to see on the polls. You can get to that discussion by clicking here. I will be using this list to populate the polls!
  10. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    I agree on the whole, I'm just saying that the more esoteric we get the less general interest there will be.
  11. SweetTea
    SweetTea
    Barbara,

I work in the automotive industry and the team I am on is working to launch a new vehicle in January. This is consuming so much of my time that I am a "whipped little puppy" when I get home at night. I still enjoy daily reading the postings and listening to the uploads from this group. I still pick a little each night to relax and I hope to add some uploads of a couple of songs that I have been working on in the near future as well as some of the weekly picks. There may be others that fall in this same similiar situation and plan to be back soon. This site brings a little sunshine to my day so thanks to everyone that participates. Can't wait to become active again.
  12. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Thanks for checking in! I keep hoping that there are lots of people who are getting something from this group, in the privacy of their own homes, in addition to the ones who are posting vidoes!
  13. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    Sorry for laying back myself. I'm as interested as ever, but fall is when the family social schedule gets busy. (Hey, Barb, where's your vote? )
  14. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Mike, I have yet to vote in a poll! I kind of see my role as the worker that tries to keep this thing in working order... and go with the flow of whatever the masses want!
  15. Eddie Sheehy
    Is that Trotskyism or Lenninism? Anyway, I'm a proud member of the Great Unwashed...
  16. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    Might be Rasputinism, Eddie!
  17. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Friday Morning! Vote now, or forever hold your peace! It's a tight race between Redwing & Flowers of Edinburg!
  18. Chris Travers
    Chris Travers
    Vote Flowers Of Edinburg!
  19. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Should that be "Flowers of Edinburgh"? I'm not saying, I'm just asking since Edinburg is in Texas, whereas Edinburgh is in Scotland. Oh, and Vote Redwing!
  20. Chris Travers
    Chris Travers
    OS, I've seen it spelled both ways. Personally, I prefer "Edinburgh" but I spelled it "Edinburg" on here because that's what it was on the poll.
  21. Eddie Sheehy
    No Edinburg in Scotland...
  22. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    My bad.... sometimes I'm not that good about double checking spelling! I THINK when someone suggested the tune in the tune suggestions, they spelled it Edinburg, but maybe not. I AM a Texan, so maybe it was a Freudian slip on my part!
  23. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    Is the poll for next week up somewhere or you going with Red Wing? Sorry if I missed the post.
  24. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    From now on, I'll post the link to the next week's poll in this discussion. Scott Tichenor made some suggestions on how to 'streamline' the board, and make my table of contents issue a bit easier. One is that instead of a new discussion every week for the new poll (thus a new addition to the table of contents), that the links to the polls all go in one discussion.