What Are Your Top 5 Videos?

1. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    YouTube has this "Insight" feature that will list all of your uploaded videos and show you which ones are most popular. Since I started doing the Song A Week thing, these are my top 5 videos that got the most views:

1. The Squirrel Hunters
    2. Cold Frosty Morning
    3. Forked Deer
    4. Liberty
    5. I Am A Pilgrim

What are yours?
  2. farmerjones
    farmerjones
    i haven't been in the group long enough to have a that many.

1. Salt Creek
    2. Angelina Baker
    3. St. Anne's Reel

I wouldn't bet on them being official S-A-W tunes.
    J. Ridge got the most hits, but i know that's an unofficial tune.

BTW according to "insite" it looks like ima hit with middle-aged female evening hour browsers in France.
  3. Rob Fowler
    Rob Fowler
    Here's my list. The last 2 were tied.

1. Big Sciota
    2. Liberty
    3. Over the Waterfall
    4. Swallowtail Jig
    5. Southern Flavor-Final take
  4. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Here's mine:

1. Forked Deer
    2. Off To California
    3. O'Keefe's Slide
    4. Liberty
    5. Over The Waterfall

Off To California must be popular for the novelty valve, I played concertina instead of mandolin.
  5. Chris Travers
    Chris Travers
    I don't use youtube, but my most viewed are:

1. Big Mon
    2. Japan (By David Grisman)
    3. Road to Lisdoonvarna
    4. Salt Creek
    5. Bill Cheatam
  6. Ken_P
    Ken_P
    I've got two versions of Whiskey Before Breakfast (from the pre-social group thread) way ahead of everything else, here's the rest:

1. Ode to a Butterfly
    2. Road to Lisdoonvarna
    3. Receita de Samba
    4. Big Sciota
    5. Pennknivsmördaren

Only two "official" tune of the week entries on there. I should post more outside stuff!
  7. KeithMcIsaac
    KeithMcIsaac
    From social group postings:

1. Merrily Kissed the Quaker
    2. The Star of Munster
    3. Pennknivsmördaren
    4. I Lost my Love
    5. Harvest Home / Off to California
  8. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    From Social Group Postings:
    1. Liberty 2.9% (477)
    2. Road to Lisdoonvarna 2.8% (499)
    3. Fisher's Hornpipe 2.2% (415)
    4. Swallowtail Jig 2.1% (347)
    5. Soldier's Joy on my Martin Mando 2.1% (381)
    6. Irish Washerwoman on mando & OM 2.1% (372)
    7. Kesh Jig 2.1% (357)

Not sure how they figure that, as #1 at 2.9% had fewer views than #2 at 2.8%. Listed all the ones that were tied at 2.1%.

My biggest overall, was from the video challenge that got the whole idea started, from the Whiskey Before Breakfast Challenge on the regular message board 3%, at 1071 views! I've uploaded about 95 videos since starting this Social Group.... wow!
  9. CelticDude
    CelticDude
    The percentages appear to be a snapshot using a narrow range (daily), so isn't what we want for overall popularity (Click on "Views" to the left, and use the slider under the graph, and watch the percentages change. ) Using the raw numbers I have:

1. Irish Washerwoman
    2. Soldier's Joy
    3. Banish Misfortune
    4. Harvest Home/Off to California
    5. Master Crowley's

I note that most of these were posted to YouTube in May/June, and thus the counts may be more a function of being available longer than a relative gauge of popularity? What would be interesting to me is a breakout of views by Song A Week members vs. the general YouTube public.
  10. farmerjones
    farmerjones
    Indeed i went by play/hit count. It's interesting to note, when you upload a vid., the tool attempts to add a tag. If you delete that tag, it can't be search for, using a search engine. The only way to find the vid. is to either stumble upon or be directed to it. I've got vids. with both 1(me testing) & 0 play counts. Sure, i could opt to not globally share a vid. but it seems like the bigger Youtube gets the easier it is to hide or be unseen. I've got a vid. loaded Feb. '08, that has over 6k hits. Tagged "Country fiddle." It surely must've been the amoung the first few, ten, or hundred country fiddle vids.
    We're at the forefront of 21st century infotainment.
  11. Eddie Sheehy
    I checked mine... what a meaningless bunch of drivel. Damn lies and Statistics... I KNOW I'm much more popular than the rest of you.... at least on my own show anyway...
  12. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    What is it they say about statistics?
  13. billkilpatrick
    my stats indicate that on average, 3/4 of the people watching my videos are 55 to 64 year old guys ... only 1/4 girls - could be a hair/wrinkle thing ...
  14. Eddie Sheehy
    It's the knees, Bill...
  15. Eddie Sheehy
    Four out of every three people have no clue about Statistics...
  16. CelticDude
    CelticDude
    Eddie: Four out of every three people have no clue about Statistics...

Thus proving that there are 3 kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't...
  17. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Eddie: Four out of every three people have no clue about Statistics...

CelticDude: Thus proving that there are 3 kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't...

I'm right 50% of the time, wrong 50% of the time, and 50% of the time it could go either way!
  18. billkilpatrick
    only SAW entry in my top five is "wayfaring disco stranger" ... today's stats reveal an increase to 33% for female viewing ... "was will das weib?"
  19. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    1 - Musical Priest
    2 - Cooley's Reel
    3 - Josephine's Waltz
    4 - Coilsfield House
    5 - sidh beag agus sidh mor