New Group

1. OKMike
    OKMike
    Don't know where Oklamando went, so come on in and grab a seat, fire's warm and the coffee's hot... or the beer is cold and the AC is running...take your pick.

Mike
  2. Mike Snyder
    Mike Snyder
    How can we go wrong starting out with two Mikes? Brigadoon is located along 14th street and East toward the railroad dike. There will be a big banner on the north side of the street. Come by in the evening, Mike, while you're at Winfield. I'd like to meet you. Oh, you'd better bring some rubber mud boots for you and your georgeous wife. My disclaimer, as far as Oklamando goes, is that I DO NOT live in Oklahoma. I can, however, be in Oklahoma in 15 minutes if the traffics not bad.
  3. OKMike
    OKMike
    Mike,

That is my georgeous daughter at the prom, she's 16 and I'm very nervous...I also keep a rather large firearm handy. Seems to always need cleaning when hairy legged boys come around. lol Ya,I'll come by and see ya
  4. Tom Mullen
    Tom Mullen
    Hey guys....am here now.
    Tom in Tulsa.
  5. OKMike
    OKMike
    Welcome Tom,

I work in Tulsa most Fridays.

Mike
  6. Tom Mullen
    Tom Mullen
    As Dad Cherryholmes used to say a few years ago about Cia "This is my non-dating daughter, and I don't want to see any of you hound dogs around our camp."
    At any rate, raining like crazy now in T Town, and I hope it does not carry over into the weekend and spoil the Chili and BG fest in Claremore. This will be the first year since I have been here that I will not be playing on stage.
  7. OKMike
    OKMike
    Tom,

I'll remember that quote, hoping to run to claremore after work friday. Weather permitting.

Mike
  8. Tom Mullen
    Tom Mullen
    I will get out there on Fri, after round of golf.....weather permitting.
  9. SilverAngelFan
    SilverAngelFan
    hey tom, good to see you around.

John Diamond
  10. Tom Mullen
    Tom Mullen
    Come on, John.....post yer mug on the cafe......and I aint talkin' bout your coffee mug! And if yer too scared to post yer mug, post sumthin perty like your peghead..........
    Tom in T-town.
  11. jimbob
    jimbob
    Hello all Oklahoma Pickers !

I attempted to post just a minute ago and think I did as a report instead....oh, well....I'll try again.

Like I mentioned on the main message board, we have a small RV and cabin resort on Grand Lake near Langley. I have been wanting to catr to pickers for a couple of years and now that I'm working there out of my house, I think I can do that now. We have a nice clubhouse right on the water with a nice deck so folks can be inside or out depending on the weather. We have cabins and RV sites and this is a great time of year at the lake. If anyone wnat to come up and do some picking, PM me and I'll send you a link
  12. OKMike
    OKMike
    jimbob,

I think we should just pick a date and plan it, seems to be a good bit of interest. Early November would work for me, Oct is pretty busy for me. Anyone else have any preferences?

Mike
  13. Tom Mullen
    Tom Mullen
    Am going to IBMA the first part of Oct, am wide open after that.
    Tom in Tulsa
  14. Mike Snyder
    Mike Snyder
    November 14 is the opener of pheasant season in Kansas. I haven't missed it in over 40 years. Everything else is good. My work schedule is pretty funky, and I would not expect anyone to plan anything around it, so I might be hit-and-miss. I need to get to the Grand Lake area to shop for a travel trailer. I want to trade in a boat on one. Who has the hot deals down there?
  15. OKMike
    OKMike
    How about the first weekend on November?

Mike, don't know who has the hot deals, Grand Lake is a litle of my beaten path, should be a good time to buy. I'd appreciate some pheasent tails if you get any to spare.
  16. Sitka
    Sitka
    Hey! I just wanted to give a shout out from Owasso.
  17. Chernott
    Chernott
    Hello Okie Pickers! I live at Tahlequah. I've taken up pickin' the mandolin and the stand-up bass in my old age and love it. My oldest son got interested in fiddling about a year ago and has really gotten quite good (mama's opinion) so I thought I might not be too old to join in on the fun. Here's a link to some of his tunes on YouTube: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/sizefam4"] We jam every Tuesday evening here in Tahlequah. Come on over! Sharon
  18. Chernott
    Chernott
  19. OKMike
    OKMike
    Welcome Sitka and Chernott

Sharon where do you meet in Tahlequah?
    Beautiful country over there

Mike
  20. Chernott
    Chernott
    We meet at our place. I have a "Pickin' Parlor" out back. We play every Tuesday from 5:30 pm to 9pm or later.
    Email for directions if you ever think you might come: nottsranch@hotmail.com
  21. talbotpat
    talbotpat
    Ready to haul the fifth wheel up to Langley whenever the get together is scheduled. Missed a gathering of the Oklahoma contingent of the Acoustic Guitar Forums over at the winery in Chandler...came down with H1N1. At least I got THAT out of the way. Anyway...looking forward to it whenever we can make it happen.

Pat
  22. Mike Snyder
    Mike Snyder
    Glad you got over the H1N1. We're struggling with it here in Kansas. Keeps me busy at work. Langley is doable for me. There's a new NW Arkansas group that should mix well with the N Okla. and SE Kansas folks.
  23. Givensman
    Givensman
    Hello Scott and John,

Jack Eckroat, Edmond, Oklahoma