MandoVoodoo

1. Laird
    Laird
    Because I needed some fretwork done on my 515 anyhow, and since I'd heard many great things about MandoVoodoo, I sent it off to Tennessee a week and a half ago. Getting a bone bridge and nut, besides the usual set-up. I'm wondering if any of you have alreay gone this route, and what sort of changes you noticed. Can't wait to welcome it home!
  2. LKN2MYIS
    LKN2MYIS
    I bought mine from Steve, and he did a set-up, but not a full MandoVoodoo. If it ever needs work, though, I'll be shipping it off to him and make sure it gets the full treatment.

It's a great sounding instrument as it is, and I can only imagine what the MandoVoodoo will do.

Keep us posted.
  3. sbarnes
    sbarnes
    my eastman has not had the voodoo treatment ( i just got it yesterday) but i did send an epiphone mm50 to steve for that treatment....the sound wasn't improved that much but the playability was drastically improved....probably due more to steve's excellent set up instead of the voodoo.....
  4. gregjones
    gregjones
    The lack of difference in the before and after sound in the Epi could be like the Tonerite fans say---it will make a good mando better, but it won't make a so-so mando good.
  5. Daijoki
    Daijoki
    Laird- How did it turn out? I have a 515 as well and might follow suit depending on your report. Thanks in advance!
  6. Laird
    Laird
    It turned out really well! I'm not sure how much to credit the scraping of the innards versus the new nut and bridge, but it's definitely richer sounding, more resonant. I'm very pleased!
  7. Mike Scott
    Mike Scott
    I just got an MD 604 from Steve. I didn't get the full mandovoodoo treatment, but he did some stuff to it in addition to the set up (minimandovoodoo?), but it sounds terrrific and the playability is exceptional. It better be, I sold/traded all my other mandos-it's the only one I have now.