Swapping tunes/ideas

1. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Now I am sure that this topic has arisen regularly, so apologies in advance if it has, but as a very new member of the community and seeing that we in the European group have not posted for a while, I am looking for ideas on how members might exchange mp3s of our own playing via this forum.

Would we have to sign up to a music site such as Soundclick or MySpace, etc, to post the clips then add in links to the site in our posts? I see there are buttons on the toolbar for such links. At present I do not have any accounts with those sites, merely some photo albums of my instruments on Picasaweb.

Anyone interested in having a go at this? Again, if it has been tried before, apologies for taking up time and space - but at least there's now a new post to generate some chat!
  2. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    This topic might get absorbed by the Song-A-Week social group next door where the song posting party goes round the clock for almost 30 weeks now.

Apart from that... it is possible to post mp3s on the Cafe, but I haven't done that so far. My own mp3 stuff can be found on www.hologence.de.
  3. billkilpatrick
    song-a-week social group is to be recommended - great group. but if you're looking for something more euro-centric, another solution is to simply record the song, up-load it to youtube and leave notice of the video here.

like this (no apology for my current bout of beatlemania ... non je ne regrette rein) - played here in a virtual jam with french guitarist and paul-sound-alike, jérémy:

4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thanks Bill and Bertram,
    have taken your advice and gone to Song-a-week and posted a YouTube clip of Humours of California as you suggested. Got some replies already, and it made me make the effort to sign up on YouTube, so thanks again, guys.
  5. Ptarmi
    Ptarmi
    Anyone here who is interested in learning more Scottish Tunes, might also like to check out the new:

Tune of the Week board, on Nigel Gatherer's Forum.

Cheers
    Dick