It's a small World!

1. Ptarmi
    Ptarmi
    Well folks, fingers crossed my Fletcher Tenortone should be starting it's Atlantic crossing, sometime tomorrow!

Jamie actually finished two at the same time recently & I found out just the other day that an old friend from my Aberdeen days, Ged Palmer, actually bought the other one!
    Is this a small World .. or what!
    He is out in Abu Dhabi & I haven't seen him in nearly 20 years, but lucky for him, he already has his & of course says he's absolutely delighted with it.

Anyway, I thought you might like to see them side by side!
    Both have a Spruce Top.
    Ged's is of Quilted Mahogany.

Just for the record, my JD2 has Maple Binding & X Bracing.

Jamie only used ladder bracing until about a year ago, but now you get the option of going for either Ladder or X Bracing.
    My one is a Rosewood Tenor with a Spruce Top.

Hopefully, one day we'll get a chance to actually play them side by side, which I'm sure will be fascinating, actually getting a chance to hear how the different woods used, effect the sound.

As for the body size, I have looked at as many different Tenors as I can & I have no doubt that those big bodied jobs are louder than the Fletcher ones, but for me the proportions look kind of wonky somehow, whereas the Tenortones just look right somehow.

Also, like most folks here, for years I've been tuning the top 4 strings of my 6 stringed Guitar & playing it like a Tenor, with a Capo on, but as well as the neck being far too long, I find the huge body just gets in the way for real comfort.

Anyway, it will hopefully be in the post & starting its journey across the Atlantic sometime tomorrow, so I can assure you, you will not have to wait too long now, to see & hear my Tenortone in action on YouTube.

Let's hope Ged will also get around to posting a couple of YouTubes!

Cheers,
    Dick
  2. Ptarmi
    Ptarmi
    Well, I have my Tenortone's UPS Tracking Number now, so it's only a matter of time!