The Dark Island

1. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Got the idea of doing this tune from a posting by Tosh Marshall over on the SAW group, so used my octave to record it and augment the postings here on the OM group. Thanks for the idea, Tosh.

2. Amandalyn
    Amandalyn
    Thanks for posting, I'd heard this tune awhile back and really like it, now that you've refreshed my memory, I think I'll learn it. Is that GDAE tuning?
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Hi Amandalyn, it is indeed GDAE tuning, and the guitar was capoed at the seventh fret to place the chords higher in the mix. Opening chords are A minor and G strummed on the octave.
  4. Amandalyn
    Amandalyn
    John, thanks for the info,I started playing the tune, it's pretty simple. You do a nice job. Do you have any other recordings of your playing?
    Teri
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Hi Teri,
    There are several on this group as YouTube clips. Have a search for TheOldBores channel on YouTube or look through the postings in the Song-A-Week group here. I have put versions up of around 20 tunes. My website has a page of mp3 files of mainly mandolin stuff to demonstrate my mandolins I build, but also some other instruments and vocals and my two daughters playing midi pipes along with me. Go to www.luthierjohn.co.uk/page7.html.
    Thanks for your interest.