Two point

1. Doc Simons
    Doc Simons
    As per request, I posted pics of my new old Orpheum onto the group images. BTW, Does anyone have a pickgaurd or a place to get blank tortise shell like the kind on this tailpiece?
  2. DerTiefster
    DerTiefster
    That Orpheum looks just like the Strad I recently acquired. I can try to help with pick-guard issues, as mine has the guard in place. Does anyone else here have some info on bridge compensation? Mine seems to be dead straight, no compensation. I thought there was a thread on that topic but can't find it. I'll post photos of the Strad soon. It isn't quite as unscarred as the Orpheum.
  3. DerTiefster
    DerTiefster
    While poking through the forum I found an Oct 2007 post with pics showing another 2-point:
    http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/sh...l=1#post446704
    and the following post. Shiny 2-point Stradolin which appears to be just like mine "U-Strad-S" headstock with pointed fretboard termination at body, same straight bridge and painted-on black pseudo-binding. Gosh, it's pretty.

So, with MandoBen's Oct 2007 post, powelu's recent addition to the Strad Social Group photos, Doc's recent 2-point acquisition, and mine, that makes at least 4 2-point strads, and they all look close to the same. powelu's is the most unique with its reddish sunburst and black pick guard. That probably makes it a different age than the ones with the nearly clear but still tortoise-shell guards and matching ornamentation riveted to the tailpiece cover.