Aspen 1 Pic-up or mic suggestions?

1. Dan Hulse
    Dan Hulse
    Hello all, I recently picked up an older Aspen and was wondering if anyone could tell me what they're using to amplify, whether pick-up or mic. I thought I'd post here to be a bit more specific than the general gear thread. I play in an Irish folk/rock group. Any suggestions?
  2. Mary Weber
    Mary Weber
    We install K&K, McIntyre and Baggs Pickups as they seem to keep that acoustic sound, and you do not have change the instrument in anyway (except widen the endpin hole in the instrument and tailpiece for a jack). I would be interested to hear what other people are using too.
  3. Gerard Dick
    Gerard Dick
    I am running a Schatten design piezo bridge pickup. It worked OK but sounded thin until I added a Baggs Gig-Pro pre-amp to the mix. Much better.
    He has a new P-U for mandolin that sticks to the existing bridge, eliminating the need to have a new bridge fitted to the instrument.
  4. Dan Hulse
    Dan Hulse
    I ended up getting a K & K twin installed, pretty bright sounding. I'm thinking of a pure preamp, but I have not yet played out with it. Just ordered some D'Addario FW74's. Hope that will take a bit of the harshness out.
  5. jeff francis
    jeff francis
    Hi , I have the k&k internal dual head installed in a weber SE , I like it whole a lot better than the fishman bridge p/u I have in a M/K I own. just my .02