D'Andrea Pro Plecs

1. almeriastrings
    almeriastrings
    Anyone know of an online store in the EU that sells the large, triangular D'Andrea Pro Plec's? The 1.5mm ones, same as the JazzMando branded type?
  2. swampstomper
    swampstomper
    I bought a box of these from Elderly (Lansing MI), still have a bunch if you run into me (Castle Picking Party in Groningen NL on 25 Sep for example). I used to use these exclusively, I still like them but they are so thick they take away the highs and they are heavy to play fast with. Recently I've been turned on to the bevelled Blue Chip mediums, this seems the best of both worlds (fast like a Wegen but with a full sound like a ProPlec), pricey though,
  3. almeriastrings
    almeriastrings
    Thanks. I have tried the Wegen's, but did not like the "feel" much. So far, the Pro-Plec's seem a good compromise. Have thought about the Blue Chip's, but at that price, I'd hate to lose one!!!
  4. swampstomper
    swampstomper
    Well, I was like you, till a friend sold me a "spare" BC, the TP50, and it changed my life! Even with the pointed edges the bevels made it easy to play w/o digging into the strings. I am amazed at the volume and clarity I get. I still like the ProPlec but for softer / slower songs. Yes, I keep a close watch on this pick of mine...