"Song A Week" Poll

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I have come up with 10 tunes that have been suggested in the last month, and made up a poll. The polls are only available in the regular message boards, so I posted it in the Song and Tune Projects message board.

Here is a link to the poll.

You can vote for more than one tune, if you'd like. This poll will stay active until we've done a fair amount of them, then I'll update it. Let's see how this works. I'll post the tune selected for the upcoming week on Friday.
  2. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    That's great. I voted for Squirrel Hunters - here's why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV98pfwsM3k
  3. Chris Travers
    Chris Travers
    I voted Squirrel Hunters
  4. billkilpatrick
    that was delightful to listen to and difficult to watch ...
  5. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    I had/have a Mike Compton transcript of this somewhere, but can't find it. Any of you fellow Tater disciples have one? If so, please share.
  6. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    We'll use this poll for a while, till we've run through most of these tunes, so feel free to continue to vote. The ability to have polls is something that Scott can turn on, but he doesn't want to leave it on, so when we feel the need to update or change the tunes on the poll (or make a new poll) I need to contact Scott again to have him temporarily turn on the polling ability for me.

I came up with these tunes in looking at those that had been suggested to me over the past month. If there are tunes you'd like to see on a future poll, please list them in this discussion, so they will all be in the same place, for me to find when I do update the poll!

Barb
  7. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    I think you can only vote once, so you might have to redo the poll for subsequent weeks. I inadvertently clicked on "Lost Indian" (which I would like to learn after S.H.) and it said I'd already voted. I wasn't trying to stuff the ballot box. Honest. I'm not from Chicago. And I'm not dead. Not technically.
  8. billkilpatrick
    it's the purple thumb that gave you away ...

at some point i'd like to learn "cold frosty morning." i know it's been done to death but there's something weird in the "B" part that i can't quite get and i'm sure to need some help.
  9. Eddie Sheehy
    I'm going to have to change my slogan from "Vote Early and Often"....
  10. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I'm totally new to the whole polling thing. So, you can vote once, but when you vote, you can vote for as many as you want! Let's just try to put the tunes you'd like to see on future polls in this discussions thread so I can find them, and I'll figure something out. Scott didn't have a problem with opening up the availability of a poll for me, on an as-needed basis, so if you want, I can post a new poll every week! That way, ya'll can vote again. How does that sound?
  11. Chris Travers
    Chris Travers
    Sounds Great! Thanks Barbara
  12. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    Sounds great.
  13. Tbone
    Tbone
    So where can I find some music for squirrel hunters? Is this one in the fiddlers' fakebook?
  14. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    there's one here and one http://trillian.mit.edu/~jc/cgi/abc/...V=1&fmt=single. ABC Tunefinder provides files in a variety of formats with PDFs being the best quality, printwise (that's the second 'here').
  15. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    BTW; this is a great tune to work ffcp or closed position playing with as the video (in another post) of Mike Compton playing "Squirrel Hunter's" shows.